South Australia records two new cases of COVID-19, including a woman who flew from Victoria to Adelaide



South Australia has recorded two new cases of COVID-19.Key points:One case is a historical case in an Adelaide medi-hotelThe second case is a woman who flew home to South Australia from Victoria on FridaySA Health is working to contact eight passengers on board her Jetstar flightOne is a historical case from a man in his 20s who recently arrived from overseas and is in an Adelaide medi-hotel.The second is woman who returned to South Australia on Friday afternoon from Victoria on Jetstar flight JQ778.A South Australian resident, the woman had been granted an exemption to return to Adelaide and had tested negative to COVID-19 on September 30, before travelling home.Catch up on the main COVID-19 news from October 2 with a look back at our blogOn arrival, the woman was tested at the Adelaide Airport clinic and was then transferred on a SA Health mini bus to the Pullman medi-hotel.That result came back as positive this morning and SA Health is now working to contact the eight passengers on board the Jetstar flight.Adelaide Airport has been listed as a Tier 4 exposure site for Friday, October 1, from 5:25pm to 6:40pm.The women’s bathroom on the ground floor of the airport has been listed as a Tier 2 exposure site from 5:55pm to 6:15pm.SA Health says the fully vaccinated woman was asymptomatic when she arrived at Adelaide Airport, and was likely to be in the early stages of infection on Friday.”This person has had two doses of the Pfizer vaccine, they have come in under exemption grounds,” SA’s Deputy Chief Public Health Officer, Dr Emily Kirkpatrick said.”We know this is in the early stages of their infection, they are currently asymptomatic, so relatively low risk from that perspective.”The woman has now been moved from the Pullman med-hotel to the Tom’s Court medi-hotel.SA health says of the eight passengers on board, some were carrying out home quarantine and others were transferred to the Pullman Hotel with the woman after they arrived on Friday.Truck drivers need first doses by ThursdaySA Health says there has been no further cases linked to the two truck drivers who tested positive to COVID-19 earlier this week.Earlier today, SA Police (SAPOL) said essential travellers required to show proof they had received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine could now do so online.In a statement, SAPOL said evidence included a copy of any document provided to people by their health care workers at the time of vaccination, or the Medicare certificate for those who were fully vaccinated.Commercial transport and freight workers entering SA by road who have been in NSW, Victoria or the ACT in the 14 days prior to their arrival must provide evidence of vaccination if arriving after 12:01 am on Thursday, October 7.Other essential travellers who have been in NSW, Victoria or the ACT in the 14 days prior to arrival must provide evidence of having received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccination if arriving after 12:01 am on Monday, October 11.These travellers include national and state security and governance, emergency service workers, remote or isolated workers, specialist workers in essential sectors and foreign diplomatic or consular staff.Space to play or pause, M to mute, left and right arrows to seek, up and down arrows for volume.WatchDuration: 8 minutes 10 seconds8m Do we really need booster vaccines for COVID-19?What you need to know about coronavirus:Loading form…



Source link

Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: